Washington State Housing Finance Commission
STORIES OUTWEIGH STATS IN ANNUAL REPORT
Washington State Housing Finance Commission has connected 349,700 people with an affordable place to call home. Its loan programs benefit home buyers, apartment residents and developers of multifamily communities.
Plenty of statistics were available to fill the Commission’s annual report and the companion “impact report” of cumulative results since 1983. But numbers alone weren’t enough to ensure continued partnerships, funding and supportive legislation.
JAYRAY WENT TO WORK
- Developed a strategic approach that used individual success stories to show the impact of Commission programs statewide
- Created complementary designs for the two reports, employing a nontraditional size and vibrant color palette to catch readers’ attention
- Coordinated photography and story development, interviews and writing
- Increased understanding of people the Commission serves, setting the stage for continued partnerships and support
- Created content the Commission can repurpose through its digital channels to increase program awareness and participation
- Provided employees and lenders a convenient, updated resource for information about the Commission’s programs and impact