EDTECH Federal Credit Union
A Merger as a Member Benefit
Founded by local teachers in Butte, Montana, EDTECH Federal Credit Union had loyal members who supported their small credit union in big ways. So when EDTECH’s board proposed merging with a much larger credit union, they knew it would not be an easy sell.
The merger was a sound business decision. But members needed to see the benefits before voting their approval.
JAYRAY WENT TO WORK
- Developed a campaign theme that reassured members, while highlighting the primary reason to support the merger—Same Service. More Services.
- Created key messages with clear proof points about merger benefits
- Produced campaign materials that featured the people and places of Butte, all voicing their support for the merger
- Orchestrated meetings and outreach efforts to listen and respond to member questions
- Nearly 80% of the members who cast ballots supported the merger