March 23, 2018
SOUTH SOUND PROUD CAMPAIGN RECEIVES TWO TOTEM AWARDS
JayRay, South Sound Together recognized with Totem and President’s Awards
JayRay and South Sound Together brought home two awards from the 40th annual Public Relations Society of America Puget Sound Totem Awards.
One award recognizes the “Live Like the Mountain Is Out” campaign as a top campaign in the community relations category. The second is the Presidents’ Choice Award, which is selected by a panel of the current and past PRSA Puget Sound presidents.
PRSA Puget Sound honored the best public relations programs, tactics and practitioners in the region at the celebration March 22. The Totem Awards recognize projects and programs that demonstrate excellence in PR and rise above the competition.
JayRay led strategy, branding and creative for client South Sound Together. The campaign was created to help businesses and the community promote the South Sound as a great place to work and live and instill community pride in Pierce County.
Some campaign results include:
- Countless individuals and organizations have adopted and used the identity on their websites, in marketing materials and for their own campaigns
- 1,101 Instagram followers with no paid promotion within first three months
- 145,000 organic community Snapchat filter uses in less than 24 hours and 3.5 million impressions in first month; 8.7M impressions and 367.2K uses in 4.5 months
- 52,644 impressions of #SouthSoundProud or #LiveLiketheMountainIsOut in the first 4.5 months
- Two people wrote into SouthSoundProud.org asking if they had permission to get a tattoo
- Numerous artists have recreated the artwork for their own efforts
Earlier this year, the campaign was recognized with national awards from PR Daily and the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals.