Doing it Right on Instagram
Five smart tips for businesses
By Emy Lyle, JayRay Intern
More than 300 million accounts on Instagram post 70 million photos daily. So if you’re a small business owner, it’s a channel worth exploring. At a glance, Instagram can showcase what your business is all about. We searched Instagram far and wide for business accounts do-ing it right.
- Develop a consistent voice. Your followers should get the sense the same person is posting from your account every time.
Example: Sharpie (@sharpie)
- Use filters and photography styles consistently to convey your brand style.
Example: Hilltop Kitchen (@hktacoma)
- Engage with influencers and create partnerships that will help both of your Instagram accounts grow.
Example: Hotel Murano (@hotel_murano)
- Post consistently. Think of your followers as real friendships and keep in touch often.
Both Metro Parks Tacoma (@metroparkstacoma) and Pacific Lutheran University (@pacificlutheran) are doing it right. Check out their Instagram accounts to see a steady stream of visuals.
- Engage and comment. One of the best ways to do this is to repost your followers' photos if they relate back to your brand.
Example: Shake Shake Shake (@shakeshakeshaketacoma)
Questions about how to make Instagram work for you? Find us on Instagram at @JayRayAdsPR.